Thursday, March 29, 2012

C4T #3 - Summary


The teacher I had for C4T #3 was named Paige Baggett. She is a professor here at USA for the College of education. I believe she teaches Art for Elementary Teacher. She hasn’t posted much since last semester, but her posts are mainly about Art and the artwork her students have done. The first post I commented on was a video called “29 ways to stay creative”. This video showed 29 different ways to maintain your creativity. I thought many of the ways provided in the video could be used in everyday life also like things like get a lot of rest and take breaks. There was one on the ways that really stuck out to me. It was #4 which stated “get away from the computer”. This is really hard to do since technology is so prevalent in our lives. I commented to Paige that I enjoyed to the video and I hope to be able to use some of those creative techniques when I started teaching and even everyday life.
The second post I commented on for Paige was called “EDU 301 Birds Inspired by John James Audubon”. At the time of the post(November 14), John James Audubon had a bird exhibit at the Mobile Museum of Art. After Paige’s class had to take a tour of the exhibit, They had to make a drawing of a bird from the exhibit using only Crayons. She then created a post out of their out work. All of the drawings were very good. I commented to Paige that I thought the idea of the assignment  was a great way for the students to learn about the birds and expressing that they did learn something through art. I really enjoyed have Page Baggett’s blog. I learned ways to use maintain my creativity which will be very helpful as an elementary teacher. I also learned to be proud of your students and display their good work because it will show the good job you are doing as an educator. If you want to check out her blog, go to Pondering Paige.

No comments:

Post a Comment